3. The second war between India and Pakistan was in 1965.
4. The third war between India and
Pakistan was in 1971. This war leads to Independence of Bangladesh from Pak
5. December 16 is celebrated as Vijay Diwas (Victory Day) in memory of India
defeated Pak Army in 1971.
6. July 26 is celebrated as winning day for India in
Kargil War. Kargil War was in 1999.
Operation Meghdoot is the code name of Indian Armed Forces
operation in 1984.
Operation Pawan is the code name of operation by the Indian
Peace Keeping Force (IPKF) to take control of Jaffna from the LTTE forces in
Operation Poomalai otherwise called as Operation Garland was
the code name of operation for a mission takes on by the Indian Air Force to
air-drop goods over town of Jaffna for in order to support the Tamil Tigers throughout
the Sri Lankan Civil War.
Operation Cactus-Lilly by India was a military operation
done by the Indian Air Force (IAF) in the East Pakistan in 1971.
Operation Brasstacks is the code name of operation by Indian
Army in Rajasthan state to take control of the state in 1986.
Operation Parakram, commenced as a result of December 13,
2001 terrorist attack on the Parliament.
Operation Vijay (1961) is the code name of operation by Indian
Army to capture the Goa, Daman and Diu and Anjidiv Islands.
Operation Polo is the code name of operation by Hyderabad
Police which was a military operation in September 1948 in order to invade the
State of Hyderabad and put an end to its Nizam rule by annexing and then
merging with Indian Union.
Operation Vijay (1999) also known as the Kargil war was an
armed conflict between India and Pakistan that took place between May and July
1999 in the Kargil district of Kashmir and elsewhere along the Line of Control
Operation Rhino-II (1991-1992) is an Anti-insurgency operation
by the military and police forces in Assam.
Operation Blue Star was a military operation which took
place in June 1984, ordered by Indira Gandhi in order to take away Jarnail
Singh Bhindranwale from the Harmandir Sahib in the city of Amritsar in the
Investigation Agencies of Govt of India:
1. CBI is the most important investigation agency. Central
Bureau of Investigation is the full name of CBI.
2. CBI was earlier a society
called Special Police Establishment. Special Police Establishment came into
existence in 1941.
3. CBI was established in April 1st, 1963. The CBI
earlier handled the corruption cases of Central Government Employees.
4. DP Kohli
is the founded director of CBI. D Zen is the CBI Director who was in the
position for most years.
5. Economic Corruptions, Murder, Kidnapping and Terrorism
were handled by CBI from 1965 onwards.
6. Newdelhi is the head quarters of CBI. Anti
Corruption Division, Special Crime Division etc are two investigation sections
7. The CBI Office of Kerala is located at Kochi.
8. CBI is the investigation
agency that represents Interpol in India.
9. CBI is working under the jurisdiction
of the Government of India.
10. CBI is located at Ghaziabad of Uttar Pradesh.
Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) established in 1968, is located at New
Delhi. It is working under CBI.
12. Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) is the external
intelligence agency of India. It was established in 1968. RAW is similar to Central
Intelligence Agency (CIA) of America.
13. R. N. Kao is the founder of RAW. Hormis
Tharakan is the keralite, who became the chief of the Research and Analysis
Wing. RAW is working under the control of Prime Minister.
14. Intelligence Bureau
(IB) is the internal intelligence agency of India which came into existence in
15. Intelligence Bureau (IB) is working
under Central Cabinet Section.
16. Ministry of State Security of the People's
Republic of China (MSS) is the security agency of China.
17. Mossad is the security
agency of Israel.
18. MI5 and MI6 are the security agency of Britain.
19. Scotland Yard
is the head Quarters of London Police of England.
20. ISI (Inter-Services Intelligence)
is the security agency of Pakistan. The full form of America’s major security
agency is CIA (Central Intelligence Agency).
21. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
is an internal intelligence agency of America.
22. Criminal Investigation
Department (CID) came under the investigation agency of Police in India.
The Armed Forces - Different Facts:
1. The first station of Indian Armed Forces outside India is Tajikistan Station.
2. Robert Clive started the cantonments in india for first time.
3. The biggest cantonment of india is located in Bathinda of Punjab.
4. The cantonment of kerala is located at kannur.
5. The headquarters of Indian Army is located at Red Fort of Delhi.
6. The first united command of Indian army came into existence in 2001.
7. The first united command of Indian Army came into existence in 2001 and it is Andaman and Nicobar Commands.
8. The first commander-in-chief of this command is Vice Admiral Arun Prakash.
9. Most of the military officers were formed under Eastern Command of Military Forces.
10. The base Deppo "INS Samudiri" is commisioned under Ezhimala (Kannur) Navel Academy in 2005 April.
11. The first ordnance factory was established in 1881. and its's name is "Gun Shell Factory". It was established in Cossipore, Kolkata.
12. OTA (Officers Training Academy) in Chennai recruited women for first time in 2003 March.
13. DIA was established in 2002.
14. Field Maeshall KM Kariappa is the first officer to get the ranks - Lieutenant colonel, Commanding officer, Brigadier and General.
15. The first Field Marshal is SHFJ Manekshaw. It was in 1973, he became Field Marshal.
16. Another Field Marshal, KM Kariappa is senior than Manekshaw. But the kariappa got the field Marshal rank, after his retirement.
17. The first COAS of Indian Military is M. Rajinder Singh.
18. The first Commander in Chief from India is General KM Kariappa. The commander-in-chief rank was stopped in 1955. In the same year COAS rank started.
19. Major Stringer Lawrence is the father of Modern Indian Army.
20. The Central Armed Police Force in India, that tooks the protection of Airports and other trade institutions are CISF (Central Industrial Security Force).
21. The first commander-in-chief of Indian Army is Major Stringer Lawrence.
22. The Indian Military College of Dehradun got the honor of Supplier of Military Officers to three countries of world. They are Field Marshal SHFJ Manekshaw (India), General Smith Dun (Burma), General Ali Ashraf khan and General Muhammad Musa (Both Pakistan) are the officers who became the generals of their countries.