1. The first station of Indian Armed Forces outside India is Tajikistan Station.
2. Robert Clive started the cantonments in india for first time.
3. The biggest cantonment of india is located in Bathinda of Punjab.
4. The cantonment of kerala is located at kannur.
5. The headquarters of Indian Army is located at Red Fort of Delhi.
6. The first united command of Indian army came into existence in 2001.
7. The first united command of Indian Army came into existence in 2001 and it is Andaman and Nicobar Commands.
8. The first commander-in-chief of this command is Vice Admiral Arun Prakash.
9. Most of the military officers were formed under Eastern Command of Military Forces.
10. The base Deppo "INS Samudiri" is commisioned under Ezhimala (Kannur) Navel Academy in 2005 April.
11. The first ordnance factory was established in 1881. and its's name is "Gun Shell Factory". It was established in Cossipore, Kolkata.
12. OTA (Officers Training Academy) in Chennai recruited women for first time in 2003 March.
13. DIA was established in 2002.
14. Field Maeshall KM Kariappa is the first officer to get the ranks - Lieutenant colonel, Commanding officer, Brigadier and General.
15. The first Field Marshal is SHFJ Manekshaw. It was in 1973, he became Field Marshal.
16. Another Field Marshal, KM Kariappa is senior than Manekshaw. But the kariappa got the field Marshal rank, after his retirement.
17. The first COAS of Indian Military is M. Rajinder Singh.
18. The first Commander in Chief from India is General KM Kariappa. The commander-in-chief rank was stopped in 1955. In the same year COAS rank started.
19. Major Stringer Lawrence is the father of Modern Indian Army.
20. The Central Armed Police Force in India, that tooks the protection of Airports and other trade institutions are CISF (Central Industrial Security Force).
21. The first commander-in-chief of Indian Army is Major Stringer Lawrence.
22. The Indian Military College of Dehradun got the honor of Supplier of Military Officers to three countries of world. They are Field Marshal SHFJ Manekshaw (India), General Smith Dun (Burma), General Ali Ashraf khan and General Muhammad Musa (Both Pakistan) are the officers who became the generals of their countries.
Central Armed Police Force:
1. The People's Armed Force of China is the world's largest military force.
2. India in No:2 position in military force.
3. CRPF is the largest of India's Central Armed Police Forces.
4. Assam Rifles is the oldest Central Armed Police Force of India. It is earlier known in the name of "Cacher Levy".
5. Cacher Levy was established in 1835. Assam rifles got its name in 1917. It is also known as Watchman of north east parts of India. Assam Rifles in 1959 helped Dalai Lama to enter India.
6. CRPF is earlier known in the name of Crown Representative's Police and It came into existence on 27 July 1939.
7. Shillong of Meghalaya is the head Quaters of Assam Rifles.
8.The first semi armed forces, that woman battalion came into existence is in CRPF.
9. CRPF established in 1949.
10. CISF (Central Industrial Security force) have the protection role of Trade Institutions and other major institutions. It was in 1969 March 10, the CISF (Central Industrial Security Force) is formed.
11. The motto of Border Security Force is "Duty upon Death".
12. BSF was founded in 1965,
13. December. Rapid Action Force (RAF) is the armed force formed to abolish religious riots and other violences. RAF came into existence in 1992 October.
14. CRPF has the agency "Green Force" for prevention of Ecological or Enviornmental activities.
15. Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has the slogan, "Shaurya, Dridata, Karm Nishtha" which means "Valour, Determination, Devotion to Duty".
16. ITBP is founded in 1962, October.
17. Political Rifles is the Central armed force formed in 1990 for prevention from Terrorist attacks in Kashmir.
18. General BC Joshi, is the army head, who took the steps for the formation of Political Rifles.
19. Home Guards is the semi Armed forces that engage in the relief works of environmental disasters and others domestic emergency cases.
20. Arunachal Pradesh is the only state, where there is no Home Guards.
21. Black Cats are the semi armed guards fall under the category of National Security Guards (NSG).
22. Special Protection Group is a NSG which serves the duty of protecting the Prime Minister and relatives of PM, and also for VVIPs.
23. Sashastra Seema Bal handles the protection of Border places of India with Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan.
24. COBRA force (Commando Battalion for Resolute Action ) in india is formed in 2008 for abolishing the Naxilites. COBRA is working under CRPF.
25. Greyhounds is the special wing formed by Andhra Pradesh Goernment for abolishing the Naxilites.
1. Black Cats are the special Commandos of Section NSG (National Security Guards).
2. It is mainly formed for restricting the plane hijack, kidnapping and terrorist attacks.
3. NSG came into existence in 1985.
4. Special Protection Group (SPG) is the special commando formed for the protection of VVIPs including Prime Ministers.
5. SPG was formed upon report from Birbal Nath Committee of 1985.
Defense Research and Development Organisation is formed in 1958. The head quarters of DRDO is located at New Delhi. DRDO handles the domestic weapon development works.
01. Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE) is located at Bangalore.
02. Aerial Delivery Research and Development Establishment (ADRDE) is located at Agra.
03. Centre for Airborne Systems (CABS) located in Bangalore.
04. Defense Avionics Research Establishment (DARE) located in Bangalore.
05. Gas Turbine Research Establishment (GTRE) located in Bangalore.
06. Armament Research & Development Establishment (ARDE) located in Pune.
07. Center for Fire, Explosive and Environment Safety (CFEES)located in Delhi.
08. High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL) in Pune.
09. Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment (CVRDE) in Chennai.
10. Snow and Avalanche Study Establishment (SASE) in Chandigarh.
11. Advanced Numerical Research & Analysis Group (ANURAG) in Hyderabad.
12. Center for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (CAIR) at Bangalore.
13. Defense Electronics Application Laboratory (DEAL) at Dehradun.
14. Defense Electronics Research Laboratory (DLRL) in Hyderabad.
15. Laser Science & Technology Centre (LASTEC) in Delhi.
16. Electronics and Radar Development Establishment (LRDE) in Bangalore.
17. Solid State Physics Laboratory (SSPL) in Delhi.
18. Deemed University in Pune.
19. Institute of Technology Management (ITM) in Mussorie.
20. Defense Food Research Laboratory (DFRL) in Mysore.
21. Defense Institute of Psychological Research (DIPR)in Mysore.
22. Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences (INMAS) in Timarpur, New Delhi
23. Naval Physical & Oceanographic Laboratory (NPOL) at Cochin.
24. Naval Science and Technological Laboratory (NSTL) at Vishakhapatnam.