PSC Class 63: India - Through the States~ on ~ 0 comments
1. The state ‘Arunachal Pradesh’ was called as ‘Land of Rising Sun’.
2. Arunachal is the state, which has most percentage of forest areas when compared with state density.
3. It was the Guwahati, capital of Assam is called as Pragjyotishpur.
4. It was in the Moradabad of Uttar Pradesh, the first regional rural bank of India was established in 1975.
5. Uttar Pradesh is the most populated state in India.
6. The largest lake (brackish water) of India is Chilika Lake of Orissa.
7. Kerala is the Indian state which has lowest child death rate.
8. Goa is the smallest state of India.
9. Jammu and Kashmir is the only Indian state which has special rights and has its own constitution.
10. Kanchipuram, which is famous for silk trade is located in Tamil Nadu.
11. Jharkhand is the state, which is called as ‘Storehouse of Minerals’.
12. Punjab is called as ‘State of Small Scale Industries’.
13. It was in the kolkata of west bengal, the biggest library of India is located.
14. Bihar is the state which has lowest literacy rate.
15. It was in Madhya Pradesh of India, most tribal population is inhabitated.
16. The Mumbai city of Maharashtra is the biggest city of India.
17. Rajasthan is the biggest state of India.
18. Goa, is the only state, which has unified civil code in India.
19. Sikkim is the only state which is considered as ‘Protected State’.
20. Haryana, called as ‘Milk bowl of India’ is the first Indian state which is completely electrified the village areas.
21. Himachal Pradesh is the state which is in the top position in Apple Production.
22. It was in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the popular ‘Cellular Jail’ is located.
23. The ancient name of Pondicherry is ‘Aarithmeid’.
24. Lakshadweep is the smallest of central administration areas.
25. The Corbett Tiger Sanctuary is located in Uttarakhand.
26. It was in this Tiger Sanctuary, the Project Tiger was first inaugurated in India. The year is 1973.
27. The Khana Tiger Sanctuary is located at a distance of 175 km from Jabalpur of Madhya Pradesh.
28. The only hub of Asian lions was the Gir forests otherwise called as ‘Shashangir’ located in the Gunaghat forest area of Gujarat.
29. The Anamala Indira Gandhi Wildlife Santuary is located in Tamil Nadu.
30. The Kasiranga National Park is located in the place of Kohora of Assam.
31. Kasiranga is formed for protecting the one from Rhinoceros from the extinction, which is only found in India.
32. Sariska is the wildlife sanctuary formed in the Aravalli hills of Rajasthan.
33. Arunachal Pradesh is the easternmost state of India.
34. The famous Buddha Monastery of India was in Tawang of Arunachal Pradesh.
35. Assam is the state, which has T-Shape. It is also the state which is producing the most Tea.
36. The island ‘Majuli’ which is river island located in Assam.
37. Brahmaputra is called as ‘Sad of Assam’.
38. Andhra Pradesh is the first state, which is formed based on language in India.
39. Hyderabad is called as ‘High-tech City’.
40. Hyderabad and Secunderabad were called as Twin cities.
41. Andhra is the state which is producing most Tobacco.
42. The dance art ‘Kuchupudi’ is emerged in the Kuchupudi village of Krishna district in Andhra Pradesh.
43. Potti Sreeramulu is the person who passed away through fast unto death for the formation of Andhra state.
44. Mir Osman Alikhan, who was the nizam of Hyderabad, is the first Indian to be declared as the wealthiest person.
45. The biggest film city of world, Ramoji Film city is in hyderabad.
46. Andhra Pradesh is the state which connects South India and North India.
47. The 27th state of India, Uttarakhand is called in the name ‘Dev Bhumi’.
48. The Lal Bahadhur Shastri Academy of Administration was in Masoor for teaching the civil service officers.
49. Forest Research Institute is located in Dehradun.
50. Uttar Pradesh is the state, where Taj Mahal is located.
51. Agra is located on the banks of Yamuna and Kashi is located on the banks of Ganga.
52. Uttar Pradesh is in first place for the production of Food Spices and Oil Seeds.
53. Ayodhya is located on the banks of Sarayu River.
54. Ganga and Yamuna joins in Allahabad.
55. Uttar Pradesh is called as ‘The Sugar bowl of India’.
56. Alighat Muslim University and Banaras Hindu University was in Uttar Pradesh.
57. Konark Sun Temple is located in Orissa.
58. It was in Odhisha, the Odissi dance form is originated.
59. The biggest lake of India is Chilika is located in Orissa.
60. Karnataka is the state of Silks and Flowers.
61. The remnants of Indus Valley culture is discovered from Lothal of Gujarat.
62. Dandi Coast is in Gujarat.
63. The final resting place of Morarji Desai is in Abhay Ghat of Gujarat.
64. The westernmost located state of India is Gujarat.
65. Goa is the city which is called as Vasco Da Gama.
66. Goa is the Portuguese dominant area.
67. The Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary is located in Goa.
68. Chattisgarh is one of the three states formed newly in india in 2000. This state is formed by combining the several areas of Madhya Pradesh.
69. Jammu Kashmir is the northernmost state of India.
70. Kashmir is mentioning as ‘Paradise of Earth’.
71. Jammu & Kashmir is famous for the production of Cricket Bats.
72. Jammu & Kashmir had given special rights according to 370th section of Constitution. It is the state which has its own constitution.
73. Jammu & Kashmir has two Capitals – Srinagar and Jammu.
74. Woolar Lake is located in Kashmir.
75. Jamshedpur of Jharkhand is the first planned trade city of India.
76. Jharkhand is the last formed state of India and it was in 2000, November 15.
77. Jharkhand is cited as Tribal land.
78. Jharkhand is the ‘State of Grains’ in India.
79. The Southernmost state of India is Tamil Nadu.
80. Tamil Nadu is the state of Bharatanatyam.
81. Tholpikayam is the ancient grammatical manuscript of Tamil Nadu.
82. Thirukural and Patittupattu were the sangam works.
83. Madhuraikanji is the sangam work, which mentions Onam.
84. Kanchipuram is called as ‘the city of silks’.
85. Tripura is the state, where its three sides was surrounded by Bangladesh.
86. English is the official language of Nagaland.
87. Punjab is the storehouse of grains in India.
88. Punjab got its name with meaning ‘state of five rivers’.
89. Kolkata is the earlier capital of India (before New Delhi).
90. Kolkata is the science city of India.
91. The biggest hanging bridge of India is Howrah of Kolkata. Its new name is Ravindra Sethu.
92. It was in Kolkata, the undrground railway track came into existence for first time in India.
93. The biggest river island mangrove forest of world, Sundarbans is located in South Eastern part of West Bengal.
94. Damodar River is called as ‘Sad of Bengal’.
95. Koshi River is called as ‘Sad of Bihar’.
96. Manipur is the state, which is called as ‘Gem of India’.
97. The ‘Manipuri’, which is one of the famous dance forms of India was originated in this state.
98. ‘Kaibul Lamjao’ of Manipur is the only flowing National Park of world.
99. It was Madhya Pradesh, which is called as ‘Heart of India’ and the ‘Tiger State’. It is the second largest state.
100. Maharashtra is the state which is number one in Industrialization.
101. Mumbai is called as ‘the industrialized capital of India’.
102. It was Mumbai, which is called as ‘Gateway of India’.
103. Sanjay Gandhi National Park is in Mumbai.
104. The biggest harbor and stock exchange of India was in Mumbai.
105. Maharashtra is the state, where most electricity is producing.
106. The meaning of name ‘Mizoram’ is ‘The country of peoples living in hills’. The state is in second position in literacy.
107. The meaning of Meghalaya is ‘house of clouds’.
108. The biggest rain falling regions of world, Cherrapunji and Mawsynram were in Meghalaya. The new name of Chirapunji is ‘Sora’.
109. Rajasthan is the biggest state of India.
110. Pokran, where the atomic test of India is conducted was in Rajasthan.
111. The Panchayat raj system in India was first conducted in Nagoor of Rajasthan in 1959.
112. Rajasthan is the state of Palaces, Forts and Lakes.
113. The third highest peak of world, Kanchanjunga is located in the northernmost part of Sikkim. It is the state with least population.
114. It is believed that, ‘Bharat’ was named after the Bharata Dynasty existed in Haryana. Lift Irrigation Project was first conducted in Haryana in India.
115. Dalai Lama is residing in Dharmasala of Himachal Pradesh.
116. National Capital region of India is Delhi.