PSC Class 104: Constitution and Laws - General Knowledge~ on ~ 0 comments
1. The first malayali women to become central minister is Lakshmi N. Menon.
2. Lok Sabha is considered as under sabha of Parliament.
3. Sardar. KM. Panicker is the first malayali to be nominated by president as member of Rajya Sabha.
4. Dr S. Radhakrishnan is the first chairman of Rajya Sabha.
5. The first No Confidence Report presented in Lok Sabha is Acharya Kripalani (It was against Jawaharlal Nehru in 1963 August 19).
6. Prime Minister will present believable report in lok sabha.
7. The prime ministers who resigned due to their failed presentation of Motion of Confidence in Lok Sabha were VP.Singh (1990), Deva Gouda (1997) and AB. Vajpayee (1999).
8. The only state which has general civil code is Goa.
9. Lieutenant Governors is responsible for the daily administration in Union territories of India.
10. The 61st amen dent in constitution changed the voting age of citizen from 21 to 18.
11. Currently there are 23 high courts in India.
12. Guwahati High Court has the highest area to cover the cases in India. The court is handling cases from four states.
13. The eighth constitutional table mentions about Indian languages. Currently there are 22 languages.
14. The eleventh constitutional table mentions about Panchayat Raj.
15. Sardar Vallabhai Patel is the first vice prime minister of India.
16. The first written constitution came into existence in world was in USA.
17. An example for the countries which has unwritten constitutions were Israel and British.
18. Greece is considered as “Playground of Democracy”. It is also the oldest Democratic Country.
19. India is considered as the largest country which has written constitution. India is also the largest democratic country.
20. The leader of States Reorganisation Commission of 1953 is Dr. Fazal Ali.
21. One who was not born in India has to live permanently for 5 years in India for applying Indian citizenship.
22. One who was not a member of legislative assembly can become minister for only 6 months.
23. The first president who voted for Indian election is KR. Narayanan.
24. The slogan “Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan” is stated by Lal Bahudur Shastri.
25. The slogan “Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan, Jai Vigyan” was stated by Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
26. Indira Gandhi stated the slogan “Garibi Hatao”.
27. Controller and Auditor General is considered as the watchman of Indian Economic System.
28. YV. Chandrachud is the highest served Supreme Court chief justice.
29. Attorney General is the person who gave law advice for central government.
30. Advocate General is the person who gives law advice for central government. Advocate General who has same rank as Attorney General is the person who gives law advice for state government.
31. Attorney General can speak in parliament, but can’t vote for member.
32. Supreme Court chief justice is responsible for duties of president and vice president in their absence. Justice Hidayatullah handled the duties likewise.
33. President appointed governors is the administration leader of each states of India.
34. 35 years is the minimum age for becoming Governor.
35. High Court chief justice is responsible for the duties of Governor in his absence.
36. Governor has to submit his resignation letter to President.
37. Governor release ordinances in states.
38. Article 112 mentions about budgets in constitution.
39. Violet Alva is the first woman who became deputy speaker of Rajya Sabha.
40. Governor appoints District Judges.
41. Union list has 97 subjects and state list has 66 subjects.
42. Concurrent list has 47 subjects and central government has equal administration for subjects in concurrent list.
43. The first state in India which dismissed a government (which has maximum members in cabinet) according to 356th section and appointed president rule is kerala.
44. The period of ordinances released by president /governor is 6 months.
45. The section in constitution which give special position for jammu and Kashmir is 370.
46. Economic Bills were first presented in Lok Sabha.
47. One bill which is either Economic Bill or Money Bill is decided by Lok Sabha Speaker.
48. The Constitutional Section that mentions about “welfare nation” concept is cited in Directive Principles of Indian Constitution.
49. The Indian constitution was first amendment in 1951.
50. Indian constitution came into existence in 1950 January 26. There onwards India became republic.
51. One has to fix a deposit of 15,000 for became a competitor in the election for Indian President.
52. Similarly for contesting vice president, a deposit of 15,000 should be done.
53. 2 years, 11 months and 17 days is the period wanted to complete the activities of constitutional development assembly. The first law development assembly of India is also the constitutional development assembly.
54. Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed is the president who announced National President Rule in 1975 June 26 according to 352nd section of Indian constitution. The acting president - BD Jetty withdrew that President Rule in 1977 March 2.
55. The three types of ‘The Emergency’ that mentioned in Indian constitution were National Emergency (352nd section), State Emergency (356th section) and Economic Emergency (360th section). President would announce ‘The Emergency’. Till now, Economic Emergency was not declared.
56. It was in Punjab in 1951, president rule was first declared for a state in India.
57. The annual economic report that was presented in parliament by central government is named as Budget. Commonly every year, last working day in February is selected as Budget presenting day in lok sabha.
58. The period which is known as economic year in India is from April to March 31.
59. Railway Budget is presented in lok sabha of parliament and it was announced by Railway Minister. The income and expenses from Railway network of India is calculated by the consolidate fund of India.
60. Vote on Account: It is a bill presented in Legislative Assembly/ Parliament by Finance Minister for getting permission for spending money in between the interval period if there came any lag in presenting Budget in time. Normally Budget is presenting before the economic year.
61. RK. Shanmukham Chetty in 1947 November 26 presented the first budget of independent India. Morarji Desai is the finance minister who presented budget for most years in parliament.
62. President and Governor have the power to release ordinances. The main reason for releasing ordinances is to overcome the emergency cases during off time for legislative assembly/ Lok Sabha. If the released ordinances does not get approval till 6 weeks from the next parliament / legislative assembly meeting, the ordinance would become no value.
63. RK Shanmukham Chetty is the first resigned central minister of India.
64. Attorney General is considered as law advisor for nation. Solicitor General is the officer who supported Attorney General. Ghulam E Vahanvati is the 13th Attorney General. Mukul Rohatgi is the current Attorney General.
65. The first award winner of best parliamentarian is Chandra Sekhar in 1995 and the consecutive winners are Somanath Chatterjee (1996), Pranab Mukherjee (1997), Jaipal Reddy (1998), LK.Advani (1999), Arjun Singh (2000), Jaswanth Singh (2001), Manmohan Singh (2002), Sharad Pawar (2003), Sushama Swaraj (2004), P.Chidambaram (2005), Mani Shankar Iyer (2006), Priyaranjan Das Munshi (2007) and so on.
66. The 13th legislative assembly started from 2011 May 18.
67. Question Hour (Interval) is the first action just before starting Assembly.
68. There is no time limit for blank interval.
69. KR.Narayanan is the only president who made a speech as a chairperson from kerala legislative assembly.
70. P.Umesh Rao (Manjeswaram, 1987) is the only person who elected to kerala legislative assembly without any opposition.
71. EK.Nayanar is the most served (period) chirf minister of kerala.
72. CH.Muhammad Koya is the least served chief minister of kerala.
73. KM.Mani is the most served minister of kerala.
74. It was during India-China war in 1962, the first national emergency was declared.
75. The constitutional amendment that changed “cabinet problems” into “defense struggle” is 44th amendment and it was during national emergency declaration.
76. If emergency came into existence, parliament period can extend up to 1 year as per law.
77. If there is no lok sabha assembly, the emergency can be cancelled by submitting motion to president.
78. The ordinance released by governor should be sanctioned within six weeks inorder to avoid the cancellation of ordinance.
79. Governor would nominate the Anglo Indian representative to Legislative Assembly.
80. The permission of Governor is necessarily for presenting the financial bill in Legislative Assembly. (It was in Article 123, there mentioned the duty of president to release ordinance).
81. Only president can cancel the accused punishment who was court mar shelled.
82. Besides the Supreme Court, president also has the power to cancel an accused that was punished to death.
83. Inorder to declare ‘President Rule’ in nation, there is no need of declaration from states.
84. In Rajya Sabha , there is no reservation for minorities in Constituent Assembly.
85. The article in constitution that mentions about no discrimination between government employees in the name of caste, religion and hierarchy is Article 16 (2).
86. The article in constitution that mentions about the stopping of child labor from caution work industries is Article 20.
87. The constitutional Amendment that mentions about the reserved government jobs that remain vacant can be filled in the coming years is 81st Amendment.
88. An example for using Article in constitution: Abdul Salam is a social worker who wants to start a school for the progression of children of Muslim community. Here the Article 30 of constitution helps Abdul for achieving his aim.
89. The introduction of constitution was reformed only for once till now.
90. It was in Britain, the idea of general interest agreement was first arised.
91. Arranging meeting of Lok Sabha or Rajya Sabha belongs to Quaram 1/10th.
92. For the expenses in between presenting budget, Vote on Account is passed in Lok Sabha.
93. There are 97 topics in Union list, which helps central government for law development.
94. The law adviser with constitution rank who gave advice to central government is Attorni General of India.
95. Advocate general is the main law adviser of state government.
96. There are four ways for getting Indian citizenship according to the citizenship act of 1955.
97. Inorder to getting opposition leader with cabinet rank, the opposition party with majority members should have at least 10 percent members in assembly.
98. The petition that helps the public for the public related subjects to reach in court is Public interest petition.
99. The idea “India One Citizenship” was inspired from English Government (England).
100. The constitutional section that Ambedkar mentioned “soul; and heart of constitution” is 6th fundamental right. (Right of remedy from constitution)
101. The maximum age to get free education as per constitution is 14.
102. The maximum period (or age) for main electoral commissioner to continue in service is six years or upto age 65.
103. The fund used for the purpose of expenses without any pre-permission of Parliament is contingency fund.
104. The leader of Indian Air force is President.
105. The maximum interval between two parliament meetings is six months.
106. The state that first formed based on language is Andhra Pradesh.
107. The parliament committee that monitors the accuracy and correctness of government expenses is Public Accounts Committee.
108. The total number of members selected for nomination in Rajya Sabha is 12.
109. Central Minister should present his resignation letter to President.
110. It was according to 73th Amendment in constitution that mentions about the 30 percent women reservation in Grama Panchayats.
111. The “first among equal” in ruling members of parliamentary governing set up is President.
112. It was in Calcutta High Court, the cases from Andaman Nicobar Islands are handled.
113. The period of ordinance, when no permission from parliament is obtained is six weeks.
114. The commission that instructs the law modifications of nation is Law Commission.
115. The lawyer who established the general interest agreements in India is Justice .PN. Bhagwati.
116. The writ that can question one who came to chair as public leader by wrong way is Quo Warranto.
117. The minimum number of members in the constitutional bench of Supreme Court is 5.
118. The least age limit to become a Rajya Sabha member is 30.
119. There are 245 members in Rajya Sabha.
120. The financial bill was first presented in Lok Sabha.
121. There are 45 standing committees in Indian Parliament.
122. The vice president was elected by the members of both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha. (Excluding the nominated members)
123. The retiring age of a member of Public Service Commision is 60.
124. The salary and allowances of central minister is decided by the Parliament.
125. There are 22 languages included in the eighth schedule of constitution.
126. The executive head of state government is Governor.
127. The chairman who represents the joined meeting of members of both assemblies of parliament is Lok Sabha Speaker.
128. The state which first started the Panchayat raj system is Rajasthan.
129. It was for president, who only has the power to dismiss the electoral commissioner from his position based on the instruction from main electoral commissioner.
130. The subject considered by sarkaria commission is central – state relations.
131. It was according to the instruction from Santhanam committee, central vigilance commission is formed.
132. It was the duty of president to dismiss the parliament.
133. The declaration of ‘The Emergency’ was done by the president upon the written instruction from Prime minister.
134. The president should submit his resignation letter to vice president.
135. The final judgment for analyzing constitution is made by the Supreme Court.
136. The sexual relation with a girl who was not completed her 18 years of age should consider as a rape case.
137. There are 11 fundamental duties mentioned in constitution.
138. It was according to the population; the number of seats in Lok Sabha of each state is decided.
139. There are six states in India who have legislative council.
140. Inorder to present an unbelievable report against a minister in lok sabha, there needs at least a 50 member’s support.
141. Inorder to complete the actions in both assemblies of parliament, there need at least 10 percent member strength in parliament.
142. The constituent assembly that has the power for the formation of a new state and also for changing the border of state is Parliament.
143. There is no age limit for retirement of a President.
144. One should complete his 25 years of age for becoming a member of lok sabha.
145. There are 245 members in Rajya Sabha.
146. One should complete his 30 years of age for becoming a member of rajya sabha.
147. The financial bill is first presented in Lok Sabha.
148. There are 45 standing committees in Indian Parliament.
149. Based on Information Rights Act, if any subject that affects a person’s life or freedom, information officer should inform the matter to that person within 48 hours after notification.
150. In Normal situations, the period to answer a person’s query is 30 days (based on Information Rights Act).
151. The National Human Rights Commision came into existence in 1993.
152. There are 140 members elected in kerala legislative assembly.
153. Till now, only one bill was sanctioned in kerala legislative assembly presented by a private member and that bill was presented by M.Umesh Rao.
154. Governor would give permission for the bills sanctioned in Legislative Assembly.
155. There are 14 subject committees in Kerala Legislative Assembly.
156. The Normal period of a legislative assembly is 5 years. But on a special situation, it can be extend for one more year and that situation is 5 years.
157. It was in kerala, president rule was first declared for a state in India.
158. Till Now, President Rule was declared for seven times in kerala.