PSC Class 105: Political Parties of India~ on ~ 0 comments
1. The Political parties in India are affliated by Electoral Commision of India.
2. Dravidar Kazhagam is the first fully established Dravida political party of India. EV.Ramswamy Naicker , who was nicknamed as “Periyar” is the founder of Dravidar Kazhagam.
3. CN.Annadurai is the founder of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK). All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) was founded by MG.Ramachandran in 1972.
4. Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (MDMK) was founded by Vaiko in Tamil Nadu. Dr N. Ramadoss is the founder of Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK). Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam (DMDK) was founded by tamil actor Vijaykanth.
5. In Kerala, renowned writer Kamala Surayya (Madhavi Kutty) founded the Lok Seva Party. ”Kerala People’s Party” is founded by film actor Devan. Rashtriya Mahasabha is the political party founded by tribal (Adivasi) leader, CK Janu.
6. It was in 1980, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) was founded. “Siva Sena” is founded by Bal Thackeray in 1966, June 19. MT. Ram Rao is the founder of Telugu Desam Party.
7. “Forward Bloc” is the party founded by Netaji Subash Chandra Bose in 1939, May 3.
8. Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) is founded in 1999, May 25 by Sharad Pawar , PA. Sangma and Tariq Anwar.
9. Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) is the party of Lalu Prasad Yadav.
10. Mulayam Singh Yadav founded the Samajvadi Party (SP) in 1992. Lok Janashakti Party (LJSP) is the party of Ram Vilas Paswan.
11. It was in 1964, the division in communist party of India (CPI) occurred. It was in 1940, Revolutionary Socialist Party of India (RSP) is formed.
12. KM.George is the founder of kerala congress and it was formed in 1964 October 9.
13. Janathipathiya Samrakshana Samithy (JSS) is the party formed under the leadership of KR.Gouri Amma.
14. Inorder to get acceptance as a National Party, at least the party should get six percent of total votes from four states in general election. Also the party should get at least four lok sabha seats. Otherwise the party should win two percent of whole seats in lok sabha (11 seats) from three states.
15. Presently there are six National parties in India. They are Congress (I), BJP, CPM, CPI, NCP, BSP.
16. A party would get “State Party” credit, if that party got not less than six percent votes in general election of a state.
17. Also, if a party got three percent of whole seats in legislative assembly or three assembly seats (which one is greater), that party would become “State Party”.
18. Praja Rajyam Party is the party founded by super star of telugu cinema, Chiranjeevi in Andhra (2008).
19. The only “State Party” which became the main opposition in lok sabha is Telugu Desam Party (1984 - 89).